The Happy Engineer Podcast: Engineering Hard Choices
In this Podcast episode, Pete Hunt, CEO of Dagster Labs, shares how he discovered the keys to building and leading a data engineering team, and making hard choices like selecting an app’s tech stack.
Some topics explored:
- Job search and interview skills, self-learning and the relevance of an advanced degree.
- Building Instagram using client rendering.
- Building a start-up from scratch and selling it to Twitter.
- Strategic happiness: consistency or variability?
- Professional development for engineers, focusing on results and asking for answers.
We're always happy to hear your feedback, so please reach out to us! If you have any questions, ask them in the Dagster community Slack (join here!) or start a Github discussion. If you run into any bugs, let us know with a Github issue. And if you're interested in working with us, check out our open roles!